The Amazing lake on the planet!
1. 140 km from the Kenyan capital of Nairobi is lake Nakuru is the home of small flamingos. Tens of thousands of birds, sitting and flying up, form a canvas of various shades of pink. Flamingos are not the only inhabitants of the lake: in addition to them there are fed the pelicans, cormorants, many species of ducks, herons, black terns — a total of about 400 species of birds. The lake is part of the national Park, so tourists who travelled to its shores, along the way can see zebras, hippos, giraffes, antelopes, lions, cheetahs and leopards.
2. Titicaca is the biggest lake for fresh water, is located in South America: Peru, Bolivia.
Its area is comparable to the size of Crete — about 8300 sq km. From the plane it looks like a sea, but when viewed from the shore in places is reminiscent of a marsh overgrown with reeds. The people here move carefully, looking at the ground, as they walk on muddy dirt. Cane everywhere and do everything — clothes, hats, bags, home and the island on which they live. There is a legend that long ago the Aymara Indians, crossing his pirogue in the lake, were on the territory of the Incas. To get the two peoples failed, but to go home the proud Aymara did not — decided that it will float on the lake. Since they live on the reed Islands, rafts, decoration reminiscent of the ancient Egyptian court.
3. Hiller, the world’s only pink lake, Australia.
Lake Hiller is famous because its waters are colored in pink. Scientists are still struggling to unravel the mystery that gives it such an unusual color. There was speculation that the reason the algae, but studies of water samples showed that it is not so: there is no algae that contribute to the pink color. The lake is surrounded by a belt of white salt and eucalyptus evergreen forest. And there is another unique feature of this reservoir: all known photos were taken from the height of bird’s flight, because Western Australian Middle island, on which is a lake closed to tourists.
4. Change – the mountain crater lake, is located in Asia on the border of China and North Korea.
The shoreline of this lake is situated at a height of 2189 m above sea level, so Change called “Heavenly lake”. It is surrounded by winding mountain trails, on which you can ride on horseback. Change associated with several North Korean legends. According to legend, to the shores of a mountain lake with heaven Hanun, whose son founded the Korean state Cocoon. Second in the ranking of the popularity of the myth about Kim Jong Il: a local man seriously I assure tourists that the son of the founder of the DPRK Kim Il Sung was born here, on the shore of the lake.
5. Crater, one of the cleanest lakes located in North America.
53-km road circling the lake, opens late spring and closes for the winter in October but in the summer months, travelling on it, see the amazing views. The Indian tribe Klamath lake is considered sacred, they kept its location secret until the mid-nineteenth century, not allowing him to white explorers. The first white who saw the lake in 1853, was John Wesley Hillman. He called it “Deep blue lake”, and in 1902, Theodore Roosevelt declared the area a national Park lake. Its main attractions — a small volcanic island called “Voodoo”, and “lake man” — a nine-metre beam, verticalnews in the water for more than a century.
6. Beautiful lake Matheson, which is also called “Mirror lake”, is located on the South island of New Zealand, in the Westlands Park tai Poutini. Its waters have the ability to acquire a fantastically smooth mirror surface, reflecting the two tallest peaks of New Zealand — mount cook and Tasman. Lake Matheson — “postcard” of New Zealand, which come to see thousands of tourists every year. The most impressive Matheson looks at sunset and sunrise.